About Me

My photo
We have been married since 2005. We have two beautiful boys.....both born on the same day, 2 years apart!!!And we now have a beautiful baby girl born on December 24, 2010! Best Christmas Present ever!!! : ) We love God and are active in our church!

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Prayers for the Uhl Family





I hate to do posts that are such a bummer, but my heart is so heavy today. My old childhood friend, Jodie, and his wife have a baby named Jasmine. She is the same age as Jax (two months older to be exact). At her 6 month check up they found that her head circ. had jumped from the 50th percentile to the 95th. So they ordered an MRI. Before they could get that done. She began throwing up and becoming lethargic. After taking her to the hospital and finding cancerous brain tumors, they removed them, and they kept growing back. Then the docters recommended doing a hemispherictomy (removing half of the brain). After doing that she seemed to be doing well. They just did another scan and there are very big tumors on the good side of her brain now and on her spine. It is a very aggresive kind of cancer and there isn't anything left to do. They are putting her in hospice. This poor baby girl has been through round after round of chemo and surgeries. It just breaks my heart. I can not even imagine having to go through that with Jax. Sweet baby Jasmine has touched so many lives. Please Please keep the Jodie, Stephanie, and Jasmine Uhl in your prayers. They are going through a very difficult time right now. I posted a couple pics of Jasmine.

1 comment:

Buckeye Sunflower said...

I will be praying for this family. How difficult this is for them! Sometimes the path that leads closest to God is the one most difficult to travel and criss-crossed by many secondary paths that lead far from Him. May the family find sustaining grace while they absorb the treasure of a child's love for the remaining days her life is loaned to them. Dear little girl!
"Jesus loves me, loves me still
Though I'm very weak and ill."